Fort Sam Houston, TX, April 10, 2020 —
As leadership continues to monitor the current COVID-19 guidance from the Department of Defense and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the Armed Forces Sports Council has made the decision to cancel all Armed Forces Sports Championships and events through September 30, 2020.
This includes the following 2020 events:
- Armed Forces Men's Soccer Championship
- Armed Forces Women's Soccer Training Camp
- Armed Forces Men's and Women's Basketball Championship
- Armed Forces Triathlon Championship
- Armed Forces Golf Championship
- Armed Forces Bowling Championship
- Armed Forces Men's and Women's Softball Championship and participation at the USA Softball National Championships
- Armed Forces Men's Rugby Championship and participation at Rugbytown USA Tournament
- Armed Forces Women's Rugby Championship and participation at Cape Fear 7's Rugby Tournament
Events occurring after the 1st of October, shall be tentatively scheduled contingent on future developments related to COVID-19.
Additionally, the International Military Sports Council (CISM – Conseil International du Sport Militaire) has cancelled CISM events through remainder of the 2020 calendar.
Please continue to monitor www.armedforcessports.defense.gov and our related social media platforms for further developments and changes to the Armed Forces Sports calendar of events.